You may propose a solo presentation, demonstration or a panel presentation. We require a commitment to diversity of panelists for all panel proposals. We do consider participation of a woman, person of color, or member of another group often underrepresented at technology conferences in reviewing your proposal. You may also propose a workshop or tutorial.
Successful proposals will be informative and relevant and should be targeted to an audience that has general or advanced knowledge of the subject matter. MakerCon is by makers and for makers – your audience will have experience with the maker ecosystem at some level. For reference look to the past presentations from MakerCon. Presentations will be between 10-20 minutes in length, panels will be 30-40 minutes in length.
Application deadline for MakerCon New York 2015 is August 17.
Business of Making
- Incubators and accelerators
- Where to make it
- Getting your product to market
- From hobbyist to entrepreneur – case studies
- Industrial design
- Product development methods
- Design for manufacturing
- Design for hardware/software integration
- Medical devices
- Software tools
- Prototyping tools processes
Fashion and Craft
- Wearable technology
- High tech fashion
- Civic engagement
- Making in education
- Impact of making on economic and workforce development
- Making for global development
Future Tech, Now
- Autonomous transportation